Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Flashback to the 80's

In less than an hour we're heading out to see one of my favorite bands from the high school days... The Cure. Bartee just got turned on to them a little while back when he heard "Fascination Street" for the first time and now he's a big fan, too. We're headed to see a great band with some great friends at a great venue... Red Rocks Amphitheatre. What a night!

Looks like although The Cure hasn't been churning out much new music, they sure have been putting on a lot of shows. I haven't seen them since 1987 at the MCI Center in Washington DC. We were just teenagers and our seats weren't great, but we knew some folks who had tickets in the 9th row, so we snuck past the security guys and squeezed in that row for a few songs... it was awesome. Soon the security guards started checking tickets with flashlights, so we scampered back to our assigned seats. Tonight, I'll be content with our general admission seating while I sit there filled with nostalgia.

Robert Smith, we're on our way...
thecure

2 comments:

dhuffer said...

Wooohoo Man wtg I wish I had gotten to go! Boy it makes me feel old though LOL

~D
Hope you had a good time :)

Amy Jo said...

wow that sounds like a great time! I would love to see them in concert.