Inspired by a friend's blog, we did a craft today related to the holidays. We should all spend time recalling what in our lives we are thankful for, and Thanksgiving is the perfect time for just that. It has always been my favorite holiday... whether for the big family gatherings, the warm indoors when the weather is starting to turn, the delicious pumpkin pie with a ratio of 1:1 to the whipped cream, my birthday kicking off the season or the egg nog. I just love this time of year. We have been in Colorado now for 5 Thanksgivings and are fortunate enough to have been invited to crash family celebrations 3 times now. I am so thankful for the close friends we have because there's nothing worse than spending Thanksgiving in a Mimi's Cafe or Golden Corral. Thanksgiving should be the one time of year that you spend dining with a big group of close friends or family. It is this holiday that makes me miss Maryland the most. So, the kids are thankful for at least 4 things each... as indicated by the feathers on their turkeys:
Priya: I am thankful for...
my family. (originally spelled famely, but insisted on correcting it)
native Americans.
having a brother.
the differences of everybody.
Sanjay: I am thankful for...
having Priya.
having a race truck.
Daddy.
having a Mom. (I had to pry this one out of him)
No comments:
Post a Comment