Finally it's here... the long awaited birthday. For at least 2 weeks we have been answering questions like "How many days until Mommy's birthday?", "How many days after Mommy's birthday is my birthday?", "When is my real birthday?", "When is my birthday party?", "Will you promise that you'll get me a gift card from Target and something else?", "Can I open those gifts on my real birthday?", "Is it Saturday yet?"... well, you get the idea. I have never seen her so anxious about her birthday, so I was hoping that today wouldn't be spoiled by all the hype.
After opening the family gifts this morning, we went to see "The Bee Movie" in the afternoon and let Priya choose her favorite restaurant for dinner. She decided on Golden Corral which made me very happy and made Bartee really sad. Birthdays are about the only way we can drag Daddy to our favorite home-cooked buffet-style place. As it turns out, we received some surprise birthday benefits. Bonus points for the Corral!! While getting our drinks, I decided to ask if they do anything special for birthdays, and the lady mentioned that they will come out and sing. I have never seen this at Golden Corral before... something to keep in the back pocket for unsuspecting friends. Anyway, then she mentioned while ringing us up that she would "comp" Priya's meal. Wow... unexpected savings... we may have even won points with Daddy here. Just about through with our meal, and the waiter, Matt, comes over and says, "I hear it's someone's birthday over here" and drops 3 puzzles on the table for Priya to take home. You gotta give it to them; they really outdid theirselves this time. Only solidifying my love for this down-on-the-farm food that reminds me so much of my childhood.
To top the day off, Priya has one of her very best friends over for a sleepover. A near perfect birthday for a 6 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment