After Priya's party, I asked her to sit down and write "Thank You" cards for the gifts she received. I just gave her some blank cards and let her go to town. Afterwards, when I had to address them I was impressed with her creativity and thoughtfulness, so I thought I should record it here. I especially like her honesty about the coloring book in the first card. Also, in the second one, she has learned to use the dash for continuation of a word at the end of a line, but I see she hasn't figured out that it should be used between syllables. (as always, click the image to enlarge)


In stark contrast to Priya's eloquent cards, Sanjay's contained gross overuse of the word "awesome". He dictated and I transcribed the following Thank You's for his friends:
- The moon sand is awesome, and I can't wait to play with it.
- It was so cool because if you pull this thing off, the "prellers" on the plane spin.
- I love the car wash; it was so great. I even used it a couple of times already.
- It was so awesome because one time me and Priya played the Horseshoe game.
- It was awesome the Bakugan. One time we put together the Bakugan and when it was together it was awesome.
1 comment:
Priya's cards are sweet and thoughtful. Sanjay's sentiments, are just AWESOME!!
Post a Comment