Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Farewell to Amma

As of this post, Amma has safely traveled halfway across the world to her home in India. She reached in tact, however some of her belongings never left our home. While converting Sanjay's room from a guest room back to his own, we discovered a huge bag of items in the closet which didn't make it into her suitcases. Ooops! Looks like starting the packing more than a week before her departure didn't seem to help. So, now we must find out how to get those items into the flat-rate box which already contains 12 lbs of the excess baggage and is bulging at the seams. I'm gonna let Bartee sort all this out.

Her presence is missed and the cooking has significantly decreased in quality... but we will eventually slip back into our old routine.

I put together some videos (Part 1 and Part 2) of the visit as a souvenir DVD for her, which I thought at least some of you might be interested in viewing. Some of you are even featured, so keep your eyes peeled. For some reason, YouTube thought my "Part 1" video was a copyright infringement, so they cut out the audio. But as they say "pictures are worth a thousand words", so the message will still be conveyed. They are both roughly 5 minutes long. Enjoy!

Update: I just went to the blog site and tried the "Part 1" video and to my surprise, the original audio is there. Hopefully, you get the same thing. I did try some funky audio swap tool from YouTube which didn't seem to work. Looks like it resulted in a bug that let my original audio come through. :)





And, just to entice you to visit Colorado... as I'm always begging you all to do... I've thrown in a Colorado Scenery video which I made as well. I apologize for the abrupt ending. I was planning on going back to change that, but didn't get around to it before she left. Perhaps one day I will finish what I started.

1 comment:

dhuffer said...

I will watch the vids later but ww I bet you will miss her..... All the time she was here. Glad she got back safe!