Today was the first of the three day Colorado Masters state meet in Denver. It's a big meet, so I've been working harder at practice and even tapered a little bit for this one. I signed up to swim the mile (1650 yards) which I haven't swum since college. So, I really had no idea what time to expect or how to pace myself so as not to peter out in the middle of the swim. Turns out, I did alright. I anticipated swimming it in about 30 minutes or less, but my actual time was 26 minutes flat. I managed to keep a pace of about 1:35 per 100 yards which almost exactly matches the speed I swim during practices. Overall, I was happy with the swim.
After the swim, I called home to let B know that I had just finished my swim and would be later than I had originally thought... so could he pick up the kids from the birthday party at 6:30pm? His reaction, "You're still there??". Not "How was your swim?"... "How did it feel?"... "Did your goggles stay on your eyes?" ... "Did the protein bar keep you feeling strong?". Am I expecting too much here? A little compassion, a little excitement for your wife for having just raced with 80 others swimming the longest event in the state meet... coming in 2nd in her heat?? It's not too much to ask, now is it?
3 comments:
Great job Sandy!
Way to go!!! And atleast he was home to answer the phone! :)
LOL *looks at kreismanis's comment*
Great job Sandy just thinking about it makes me tired LOL. And don't pay any attention to bartee you know how us men are. Im sure in his own none showing way he was happy for you :)
~Dan
Post a Comment