Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day at Beaver Creek

Today we headed over to Beaver Creek for a fun day in the sun.  The temperatures are unseasonably warm making today feel more like the spring conditions of late March rather than the dead winter of mid-February, but I'll take it.



Today is the day that I have come to terms with the fact that both my children ski better than I do.  I saw it coming last year, but wasn't prepared to fully face it.  It's a sad day in a way because they now prefer skiing moguls and black terrain to hanging with their Momma on a blue bump run.  :(  It looks like Bartee will be able to hang with them for a quite a while longer, so at least I don't have to worry about them.  Last year Bartee was upset that he couldn't get the kids to join him on runs and this year, as well as every year from here on out, it's my turn to ski alone.  

Daddy and Priya head into the sunset

Beautiful view of the moon


Slopeside Lunch
After lunch we hit the kids favorite trail!

While we were out Caboose spent the day at Doggie Day care... and that is why since we've been home he has been doing only this:


I love that mutt!

No comments: