Friday, October 8, 2010

Priya's Rosetta Stone

Yesterday she carved this into a blob of play-doh. It reads, "Alyssa is one of my best friends". The "i" is missing because of lack of space, so she says.



This afternoon at the park, she purposely, within earshot of said friend, said to me, "She is not my friend anymore". I don't know what happened, if anything. She wouldn't tell me and I didn't see anything that would provoke these feelings.

She's so fickle with her emotions... it drives me crazy. I suppose it is the tween stuff that everyone with older kids keeps talking about. I think we are entering it head-on and I need an "oh sh*t" handle to hold onto to keep my patience in check. Bartee does much better at handling her emotional highs and lows and sassy attitude than I do. I have a few things to learn from him and I'd better get started.

No comments: