Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Projects

For now at least, the trips to Home Depot have slowed to a near standstill. I swear they know me in there. I stopped saving my receipts when I found out that the transactions from the last 90 days are still in the computer so you can just whip out your credit card and they can look it up for you.

It used to be so difficult for me to navigate that store, but now I feel like I know it like the back of my hand, wrinkles and all. Interested in a new handle for your screen door or those little felt thingys that go on the bottom of furniture? They are in Door Hardware - Isle 10, left hand side. Plumbing, specifically toilet wax rings, the extended ones for tile installation? Isle 41 or maybe it's 39... I can't keep this one straight. And for the love of God the flood protection flexible supply pipe is overkill for what you need. The basic one is much cheaper and hanging on the hooks about 1/2 way up from the floor. Lumber for your deck or the dog seat you're building... it's in the back left corner of the store, and the really young good looking guy will cut and load it in your car for you. Duct tape, liquid nails and caulk for the baseboards? In the paint section. Of course that's where they keep the duct tape! Bit of advice: Don't ask the new chick (shoulder-length black hair, usually working the self check-out) where to find door stoppers... she will pull out her handy one-page directory and even then won't find them on the list. Do, however, stop to see Pam in Custom Blinds. She is super helpful and might even refer her brother-in-law to lay tile for you.

So if you're local and you need a tour of the Home Depot, just give me a call. I think I'm well-suited for the job.