Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Incident

The loss of Thunder was a big event Monday morning. Although she is completely over it now, at the time I wasn't sure how everything was going to turn out. Priya loves these horses. Most toys bring measurable joy then are forgotten within the first couple of months. Certainly within a year, they are in a corner collecting dust. Not these horses. Within a day of receiving them, they all had been named and they are still so important to her that 2 of them got to go on vacation with us last week. Only one made it back alive.

And, that's how traumatic it felt on Monday morning when this was all going down... which is why I instinctively grabbed my camera to see what I might be able to catch on film. I don't know why I do it. I may regret it later or I may treasure these "crying/angry" videos more than I treasure the happy ones. She may hate me for it or she may love me for it. Only time will tell.

I dug around and found the video clip of her opening this gift on her 6th birthday, then I spliced in some stuff from Monday morning. Here's the result...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So funny. Poor dog.

Bless her heart. Caboose will have to buy her an I'm sorry present.