Monday, November 16, 2009

Birthday Morning

While delivering the kids to school this morning we avoided a couple of times ending up in a fender bender. The roads here are treacherous before the sun has a chance to start melting it. I'm convinced that the only thing that can effectively melt snow is salt and it makes up such a small percentage of what they dump on the roads here. Therefore, we get a lot of practice driving on ice, and let me tell you... the minivan doesn't do well on that stuff.

After dropping Priya, this conversation ensued:

Sanjay: Mom, how many years are you today?
Me: Thirty-nine
Sanjay: Well, we can just put 5 candles on your cake then.
Me: Why 5?
Sanjay: Because thirteen is way too much.

To an almost five year old, I guess thirteen does seem like a big number. However, I draw another conclusion from this and that is that Sanjay has the listening skills of his Daddy. Poor fellow.