Sunday, January 25, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

Not only do they share the same hair, but they also share the ability to not be able to find what it is they've been told to retrieve, even if it's right under their nose and/or some clear direction has been given as to where to find said object. I realize that this can probably be generalized further to encompass the entire male population, but for now let's just uncover the facts of this particular case.

It happened while I was packing up to return home. So that he felt included, I asked Sanjay for his help. “Sanjay, can you get the plastic bag for me?” Realizing this may not be enough information, I added... “It's on top of the sink in the bathroom in our bedroom.”

Minutes later, this is what I walked in to find...

lookingforbag

Meanwhile, the only thing on top of the sink that “doesn't belong” is this plastic bag... the one which Sanjay was unable to find.

bagonsink

6 comments:

Katy said...

That is so funny. My brother and I joke that men think that if the item you're looking for doesn't fall out of the sky into your outstretched hands, you should ask a woman for help.

Tisha said...

That is funny. Great lost-look-on-his-face picture. How'd you get that white arrow there?

Amy Jo said...

There is a simple explanation for this it is called the Y chromosome.

dhuffer said...

*Looks up at Amy's comment* Ah.... You wait I'll leave you some where when we are out there in a few weeks... Being male has nothing to do with it.. I think you ladies try to frame us men LOL

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

Waaay too funny! I have experienced the same in our house with my 40-something-year-old husband!

LedaP said...

Neither of my boys can figure out where the dishes go when they get them out of the dishwasher to put them away. Now, they do this 3-4 times a week since they alternate days emptying the dishwasher. Ironically enough, they always know where to find them when they want to USE them. I just don't get it. I constantly am hearing, "MOOOOOM, where does THIS go?!?!"