Friday, November 7, 2008

Dinner Conversation

Priya started the joke-telling at dinner tonight with her favorite knock-knock. It's the only one she remembers and she thinks it's really funny. She laughs everytime she tells it, and I pretend to think it's funny.

Priya: Knock, knock
Mommy: Who's there?
Priya: Interrupting cow
Mommy: Interrupting... (before I can finish)
Priya: I'm interrupting you.

Not to be outdone, Sanjay started with his jokes which are, as you can see, very much his own creation.

Sanjay: Why did the lights cross the road?
Daddy: I don't know.
Sanjay: It's hard isn't it? (small giggle) I'll give you a clue. There was a red one, an orange one, a yellow one, a white one, a green one and a blue one.
Daddy: I still don't know... why?
Sanjay: Take a guess.
Mommy: To get to the other side?
Sanjay: Yep, that's right.
Daddy: That Mommy's smart, isn't she?

Sanjay: How did the lights cross the road?
Priya: They climbed?
Sanjay: Yeah... they climbed what? It starts with a "wuh", a "w".
Mommy: Wall?
Sanjay: No... "wuh".
Priya: Water? Window?
Daddy: Willow Tree?
Sanjay: No.. a "w", like "wuh".
Mommy: We give up, what is it?
Sanjay: A wadder

Knowing that we could also choose words that start with "L" would have opened up a lot more options. Forgot that for Sanjay, L's and W's still sound the same.

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Awwww, wove how they say their l sounds with a w.
I could wisten to them talk wike that all day wong!
You're so good at recording the things they say too! You've got some halarious jokesters at your house : )