Monday, November 10, 2008

Biking on Two Wheels

Recalling a video from my childhood, I thought it would be fun to sort of reenact it this summer when we went home... only this time starring Priya. I asked forced my Dad to go outside and push her around on the two-wheeler while I videotaped the whole ordeal.

I may have actually been expecting a bit more success since she wouldn't dare throw around the sassy attitude with Pappy that she usually reserves for Mom and Dad. No sassy attitude, but no matter how much encouragement we offered... she really wasn't into it. Lots of the footage included her on the bike with her feet on motionless pedals while my Dad pushed her around the yard. Sorry Dad, you were a real trooper.

Disclaimer: This video shows partial nudity*, so please use discretion when viewing.




* Apparently partial nudity was perfectly acceptable for girls of a young age in the Fredneck of the 70's.

4 comments:

LedaP said...

Ummm, maybe in your family. There's not footage of me riding around with my shirt off. LOL. ;)

Cute video and look at your Dad's white hair! Wow, it's been a long time.

Sandy said...

Maybe it wasn't all of Fredneck... perhaps just the Hawkins family! Or maybe your parents were just careful enough not to ever capture you on film. :)

Tisha said...

I wondered why Priya was wearing a shirt....oh wait, I mean why you were not : )
Great montage, great song selection, great memory keeping skills you have there Sandy!

dhuffer said...

Very cool sandy - it is so neat that you catch this stuff on film