Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Overheard in the Bathroom

Recently, I was very worried when I heard this from Sanjay in the bathroom...

"I'm gonna go a dangerous way. Look it, Mom... how dangerous this is."

Dangerous? I gotta see what he's talking about. When I look over at him standing by the potty, I see that he has not lifted the seat. He's attempting to stand up and aim the yellow stream over the seat and down into the water without even a droplet misplaced. I'm nervous, but watching carefully I see that he's well-trained. He manages with no drips.

You gotta give it to him though. Being already sports-minded like his Daddy, he's turning this into a competition. Each time trying to outdo himself. A couple of days later, he wanted me to see the new challenge... "even more dangerous" he called it. This time with the seat down AND no hands to help aim. What do you know... every little drop landed where it was supposed to. Now, if he could only have this kind of control over the water in his cup at the dinner table.