Priya is always guessing, always analyzing, always wondering, always thinking. And, I think a ride in the car gives her a quiet place for the mind to wander. After reaching the Target this morning, this is the conversation we had in the parking lot.
Priya: I always wonder why they call things things.
Mommy: Oh, you mean where things get their names?
Priya: Yeah, like vehicle?
Mommy: Good point... I still haven't figured it all out.
Priya: But, I know why the Thunderbirds are called that. Because they sound like thunder and they fly like birds. Why are they called birds though? They should be the Thunderjets.
She has been picking out nuances in Sanjay's speech for a couple of months now. It's a fun trick for her to ask him to say, “I think”. When he does, it comes out more like “I stink” because he can't form the “th” sound yet with his mouth and this always sets her into a fit of laughter. She even hears differences in Pappy's accent. She recently asked me “Why does Pappy call water, 'wuh-der'?”. With her keen observation skills and our position as primary role models, we must be even more careful about our word choices.
3 comments:
Thuderjets-that's clever!
Tyden says his th like an s also.
Sank you momma. I love that kid talk. So cute.
Danny said "funny as a crotch" when he was about Priya's age and forever it shall be!:)
Priya is gonna have a hay day with me in July. I can't lose my southern draw just for the week.
Brandon is losing most of the funny ways he says things. I am happy that he is growing up but I miss those funny little sayings.
Post a Comment