Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A New Fashion Statement?

No, I'm not starting one... don't get any ideas. Today at preschool one of Sanjay's 3-year old friends had his Thomas t-shirt on backwards. Any seasoned Mom is able to decipher this little puzzle, Edward got dressed all by himself this morning. Yep, his Mom declared that within the past week her little boy learned how to put on his own clothes. She decided that him doing it on his own was more important than how they actually looked when he was finished so she brought him to school like this. Then I come back for pickup a couple of hours later, and I notice that Sanjay has his sweatshirt on backwards. Edward's Mom looks at me and says... "see Edward's starting a new fashion". The teachers explained to me that Sanjay took it off when they played outside and then he insisted on putting it back on himself... wouldn't let either one of them help him. Little Mr. Independent.

So, I blew it off... I mean, 2 toddlers wearing their shirts backwards... is it really going to catch on? Then tonight I'm brushing my teeth and I catch a glimpse of Bartee coming out the bathroom after having just changed into his PJ's and low and behold, his shirt is on backwards. I kid you not... I nearly spit out the toothpaste I was laughing so hard. So, I'm thinking maybe tomorrow I'll try it... you need a shirt with a nice, big logo though... those look most silly when turned around.

No comments: