Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Injured Foot

About 4 weeks ago, you may recall that I posted about my participation at the state swim meet. In case you don't remember, let me remind you that I hit my foot on the wall during a backstroke turn. Well, it plateaued in its recovery and the pain has not completely disappeared. So today I made a visit to my primary care doctor and he ordered an x-ray just to make sure it wasn't broken, all the while telling me he suspected it was just a badly bruised ligament. After checking out the x-ray he comes into the room with a smirk on his face and a business card in his hand for the podiatrist. Yep... its broken. For 37 years I've managed to avoid breaking any bones and when I finally break something it happens during the most low-impact of sports... the irony. So, it's off to the podiatrist in the morning probably for a boot of some sort to wear on my foot until it's all better.

2 comments:

Louise said...

That's too funny! Didn't you even go roller skating a couple of days ago? LOL

Tisha said...

Bummer, that's too bad. I have so much more respect for you and your obviously high pain threshold...you've been functioning for a long time with a broken foot! Ouch.